10 Ways To Trick The Wish For Cigarettes
A big number of people that smoke cigarettes (smokers) have tried at least once in their life to save themselves from dependence on nicotine and most of those people are agree that quitting is not an easy task. Sad to say, there is not any magical way of easily quitting smoking, however, the truth is that the need for a cigarette is lost whenever you ignore that need. Each and every time you resist the provocation to start a “last” cigarette you are one step further to full liberation from this vice.
The desire for cigarettes is most intense 3-5 minutes after you see someone who smoking cigarettes, so in that case you need to find an activity which will draw your attention and will keep hands busy while the need does not disappear completely (about 10-20 minutes).
Instead of getting a box of cigarettes to feed your nicotine needs, try one of the following ways to “kill” the craving for cigarettes:
01. Do a Manicure. Believe or not but the smell of nail polish will distract your interest for cigarettes. Polishing your nails can keep your hands during the whole process and with that prevent you to catch the cigarettes.
02. Count The Money That You Put Away From Quitting. It is recommended to collect money that you practically saved from each pack of cigarettes you didn’t buy. With that money buy some piece of clothing that always will remind you of your success.
03. Give up The Habits That You Have Combined With a Cigarette. Do you smoke a cigarette with coffee or after the first sip of wine? Well, you need to start with avoiding habits that remind you of the”excellent” taste of cigarettes. It is recommended to drink coffee in the areas where you are not allowed to smoke. Stay away from alcohol in the first few days so you don’t fall into the temptation to combine it with a cigarette.
04. Solve Sudoku or Crossword. Mental activity is another excellent way to prevent the need for smoking cigarettes. Holding the pen is an excellent replacement for the old habit of holding the cigarette between your fingers.
05. Sing a Song. Well maybe you have a bad voice but that is not a big problem, because singing (no matter good or bad) will increase the air flow to the lungs and relaxes you.
06. Eat Sunflower. Your hands and mouth will be hired and plus salt from the sunflower gives a bad taste of cigarettes.
07. Shower With Hot Water. It is proven that hot shower can relax you, and while you leave the bathroom, the interest in cigarettes will pass.
08. Lie Down to Sleep. Especially in the early days when you are giving up from smoking sleep can be your best ally. You can not smoke while sleeping, no matter how passionate smoker you are.
09. Communicate With Somebody Who Fights With The Same Problem.
10. Play Computer Game. Playing games is really great way to distract your attention from the bad habits. It is advisable to pick a computer game that really needs a commitment of the two hands.
If you have your own way to trick the wish for cigarettes please write that idea into the comment section.