7 Amazing Benefits Of Daikon
Daikon which means large (dai) root (kon), is an unusual type of white, winter radish that grows primarily in the East, namely in Southeast and East Asia. It looks like a white carrot and has a crisp texture with a mild taste compared to normal radish. It is used mainly in oriental dishes, but can also be eaten raw, cooked or in a salad, soups and so on. The outstanding qualities of daikon, such as its low food energy levels and high nutrient content, are exactly what cause it to be such a highly popular ingredient in lots of foods, and the health benefits of daikon have been well known for many years. Now, let’s take a better look at the health benefits of daikon.
Health Benefits Of Daikon
1. Digestive Health. Daikon juice has been shown to possess similar enzymes to those found in the human digestive tract, including amylase and esterase. These can help for far better digestion of complex carbohydrates, proteins, and fats into more easily manipulable compounds for the body. This can lessen constipation and improve nutrient uptake efficiency in the gut. Including daikon as part of the meal is good for digestion.
2. Cancer Prevention. Daikon is amongst many cruciferous veggies related in studies with successful cancer prevention. Daikon has several good antioxidants linked to fighting free radical damage, a well-known reason for cancer. Research has as well found that daikon juice prevents the formation of dangerous chemicals and carcinogens inside the body and helps the liver process toxins.
3. Immune System. The rich concentration of vitamin C in daikon causes it to become an ideal mate for your immune system because it encourages the production of white blood cells and helps to speed up repair and healing in your body.
4. Bone Health. Just like the majority of cruciferous vegetables, daikon is an abundant source of calcium, which is important for bone health. In case you are at risk for developing osteoporosis or are starting to feel the pain of your age, including some daikon and calcium to your diet will surely improve your conditions and slow that natural aging process.
5. Weight Loss. The low calorie and cholesterol nature of this vegetable, along with its rich fiber and nutrient content, makes it a weight loss aid because it fills you up and provides you with the essential nutrients of your day, without considerably boosting a number of consumed calories or cholesterol in your daily diet.
6. Anti-inflammatory Action. Research suggests that high levels of vitamin C and vitamin B that are contained in daikon, help to prevent chronic inflammation in the body which can lead to problems such as arthritis and heart disease.
7. Detoxify the Body. This vegetable is also known as a diuretic by nature, which means that it stimulates urination. This helps to keep the kidneys clean and functioning at a good level by stimulating the elimination of excess toxins, fats, as well as water through urination.
Nutritional Value of Daikon Radish. (1)