7 Amazing Benefits of Jujube
Jujube is small, red textured and oval shaped fruit. The fruit is prominently known as red dates, Chinese dates or Indian dates. Jujube is also widely known as Ziziphus. The taste of this fruit is much like apple. Jujube originated from China and now cultivated around the world. The Chinese discovered this astounding jujube fruit as herbal medicine from 4000 years ago, which have various health benefits. You can eat the fruit raw, but you can benefit from it greater than that by having it after boiling, stewing, and drying it. Jujube comprises a good amount of nutrients such as magnesium, copper, niacin, calcium, potassium, manganese, as well as phosphorus and iron. When you are using the fruit for medicinal purposes to maintain body processes, it is best to eat it in appropriate amounts. 10 grams to 30 grams is an ideal amount to consume jujube fruit when you use it as a medicine. These dates are high in nutritional value and with the healthfulness of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, therefore, it has several unbelievable health benefits. Below you can find some amazing health benefits of eating Jujube Fruit:
1. Controls Weight. Jujube contains a lot of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, but it is very low in calorie. Jujube can satisfy your nutritional needs and fill you up, which will prevent you from snacking in between meals. This will help you maintain your diet or prevent any additional weight gain.
2. Healthy Digestive System. Individuals affected by constipation and other digestive problems can seek the help of these fruits. Along with promoting digestion, dry jujubes work as mild laxatives. This awesome fruit also promotes appetite.
3. Immune System. Jujube has the ability to benefit the immune system in lots of different ways, particularly due to its high antioxidant content, including vitamin C, vitamin A, and numerous organic compounds and acids. Antioxidants are capable of neutralizing free radicals, the dangerous byproducts of cellular respiration, that are the cause of many chronic diseases and illness within the body. Vitamin C also stimulates the production of white blood cells, the first line of defense of our immune system.
4. Bone Strength. Regular intake of adequate amount of mineral is among the best ways to strengthen your bones. By increasing minerals like calcium, phosphorous, and iron (all of which are contained in jujubes), you can confirm that your bones will remain hardy and strong for years to come. As we get older, we have a tendency to experience osteoporosis as well as other bone degradation conditions, so adding jujube fruit to your diet can slow or reverse this trend.
5. Streamline Blood Circulation. Good amounts of phosphorus and iron in fresh jujube fruit helps with improving your blood circulation effectively. This fruit streamlines your blood circulation and helps pretty much all organs of your body to have ideal blood and oxygen supply.
6. Sleep Aid. People afflicted with insomnia or restlessness can consume the seeds extract of the jujube fruit which is really an excellent remedy for insomnia. The calming nature of the organic compounds that are contained in this beneficial fruit can calm the body and mind, so if you find yourself unable to sleep at night, then perhaps a small jujube decoction is exactly what you need.
7. Skin Health. Antioxidant found in Jujube is also important for the skin. Jujube juice and extract have been used topically to handle various irritations and inflammations on the skin like psoriasis, eczema, acne. Furthermore, you can consume the jujube fruit to obtain many of the same effects. It also helps to prevent the appearance of wrinkles and scars, and even keep the skin tight and energized with oxygenated blood.
Nutritional Value of Jujube.
Some Words of Caution: This fruit can be dangerous for individuals who are suffering from diabetes because it contains a number of complex carbohydrates and it can negatively affect blood sugar levels. Otherwise, jujubes show very few unwanted effects, except in those with a natural allergy to the fruit. Before making a serious change to your fruit or perhaps supplement intake, seek advice from a medical professional to be sure it’s a good choice for you.