7 Incredible Benefits Of Sesame Oil
Sesame oil is extracted from the seeds of sesame and is one of the lesser known vegetable oils, but in fact, is one among the healthiest alternatives to normal vegetable oil options. This yellow colored oil has been commonly used for medicinal purposes for ages. According to history, sesame has been used during Ancient Egypt as a popular medicine. It is a useful ingredient in a wide variety of dishes and also is used as one of the main ingredients in many beauty products in the market today. Now let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of Sesame Oil:
1. Heart Health. Sesame oil has an array of polyunsaturated fatty acids, including sesamol and sesamin. This can keep the cardiovascular system balanced and keeps levels of cholesterol low. This may also drop the cholesterol levels that the body already has, thus reducing atherosclerosis. This means that if you add sesame oil to your diet you are better protected from heart attacks and strokes.
2. Bone Growth. In sesame oil can be found many important minerals particularly copper, zinc, and calcium. These three minerals are important for bone growth within your body, which means that by maintaining an appropriate level of sesame oil in your diet, you possibly can help increase the rate of bone growth and development, and moreover speed up any healing or regrowth of bones. As you become old, sesame oil can help you avoid osteoporosis and several other age-related weaknesses of the bones.
3. Skin Health. Sesame oil is well loaded with zinc, which is among the most important minerals in the body for your skin. It can improve skin elasticity and smoothness, helping to lessen the appearance of age spots and eliminate skin conditions, including premature aging. Sesame oil is furthermore used as a sunscreen since it creates a protective layer on the skin, which is yet another way of protecting the body from foreign substances or toxins that get in through the skin. In some cultures, this oil has even been used to deal with fungal diseases on the skin.
4. Anxiety and Depression. Sesame oil has relatively high amounts of Tyrosine which is an amino acid. It has been directly linked to serotonin activity and release in the brain, which can help boost mood by flooding the body with enzymes and hormones which make a person feel happy. Basically, in case you are suffering from anxiety or depression, sesame oil can provide you with a positive boost in the appropriate direction and turn your mood around!
5. Hair Care. Much like other hair oils, you can use sesame oil to massage the scalp. In case applied regularly, it helps to darken hair color and cut down hair fall problems. Yet another benefit is that sesame oil has the capacity to prevent dandruff by killing the bacteria that cause such hair/scalp problem.
6. Prevent Cancer. Sesame oil possesses phytate, an organic compound that is related to the decrease of the development of cancer. Moreover, it has high-level content of magnesium and this is an essential mineral to lower the risk of developing colorectal cancer. Its calcium content is furthermore good in the prevention of colon cancer.
This amazing oil is also effective to prevent other cancers like:
– Lung cancer
– Renal cancer
– Melanoma cancer
– Prostate cancer
– Ovarian cancer
– Brain cancer
7. Circulation and Metabolism. High copper and zinc content indicate that the body is able to function at its optimal levels, mainly because copper is needed for the production of red blood cells. With the great percent of copper in sesame oil, your body is sure to get the proper amount of blood flowing to the organs and tissues, ensuring a better and more high-energy lifestyle!
Some Words of Caution: In case you are using anticoagulant or blood-thinning medications, then you definitely should consult with your doctor before adding sesame oil to your diet. It decreases your blood pressure and thins the blood as it is, so combining those could be possibly harmful. Otherwise, enjoy your sesame oil in any way you prefer.