7 Surprising Benefits Of Red Banana
An extraordinarily fascinating fact is that bananas are the world’s most consumed fruit. And yes, you probably have eaten a yellow banana, but did you ever eat a red banana? Red bananas – also called Red Spanish or Cuban bananas, Colorado bananas or Lal kela – are native to India and Southeast Asia, however, they are now also grown in Australia, New Zealand and numerous other places in the Pacific Islands. Nevertheless, their popularity is growing in the West as people discover just how healthy they are. The color comes from the beta-carotene that red bananas contain, and the aroma reminds of sweet strawberries. They can be consumed when their skin starts getting dark chestnut-red color and few brown spots. It is better not to consume the fruit if it is too soft and has an intense flavor, because of the fermentation process which causes loss of enzymes and development of some dangerous bacteria.
Health Benefits Of Red Banana
1. Increased Immunity. Red banana is rich in both beta-carotene and vitamin C (to the tune of 16% of your RDA – recommended daily allowance). Those powerful antioxidants have the ability to boost the immune system and make it easier for your body to fight off bacteria, viruses, as well as other harmful microorganisms in order to stay healthy and have fewer problems such as colds and flu.
2. Boosted Energy Levels. In fact, red banana has 3 different varieties of natural sugars: fructose, sucrose, and glucose. Because some of these sugars are broken down rapidly and other slowly, consuming this fruit provides you with both a burst of quick energy and then slow, continual energy during the day. This is exactly what makes it an ideal breakfast food.
3. Improve Blood. Red bananas are packed with vitamins and anti-oxidants, all of which help in bettering the hemoglobin count as well as the quality of the blood flowing in your body. Vitamin B-6 is important for the metabolism of protein and red blood cells. Additionally, it is important for the formation of hemoglobin. It assists in the transformation of tryptophan to serotonin. It truly is required to manufacture antibodies and sustain a healthy immune system. It also retains the glucose level in your blood. 1 red banana can satisfy 20% of your daily need of Vitamin B-6. Vitamin B-6 deficiency leads to anemia. So if you suffer from anemia, then you really should consume two to three bananas every day to improve your RBC count. This will not only boost your immunity but will also energize you.
4. Treats Heartburn. Constipation is not the just gastric problem that a red banana can help with: it can also help for those who have problems with heartburn. Red bananas possess an anti-acid affect and can soothe down even an exceptionally upset stomach. If used regularly, it may actually take care of chronic heartburn once and for good.
5. Stress Relief. Red Banana contain potassium, which stabilizes the heartbeat and also controls the body’s water stability. During times of higher tension, the body’s potassium levels exhaust swiftly. Consuming bananas is absolutely a healthful method to rebalance them without using medicines. Based on research, having 2 red bananas give enough amount of energy to your body, making you feel positive. Additionally, the tryptophan protein contained in the red banana is converted to another protein known as serotonin, which has been proven to play an important role in enhancing mood and making you feel relaxed and happier.
6. Good for the Heart. A red banana is furthermore an awesome choice for a heart-healthy diet. This is simply because they are well loaded with potassium, which counteracts the negative effects of sodium and reduces high blood pressure, which is a serious risk factor for heart attacks as well as other forms of heart disease and even incidents like strokes.
7. Aids in Weight Loss. There are many logical reasons why a red banana is useful for weight loss. First of all, red banana is low in calories: just one banana is only 90 calories. Because it is very high in fiber, it will give you a sense of fullness thereby making it easier to cut down on calories without suffering from hunger pangs.