7 Surprising Health Benefits of Teff Grain
Teff is the world’s tiniest seed, and it is one of the most nutritious alternative grains in the world. Yes, it is super healthy food, and on top of that is very easy to introduce into your diet. In comparison with wheat, teff is higher in nutrients and easier on digestion, mainly because it is absent of gluten. This tiny grain comes in a wide range of colors, including white and red. Grown in Ethiopia, it is used there to make a form of nutty flatbread (injera bread) that gives your diet a nutritional punch. Also, there are various of ways you can eat it, like for example, you can substitute it for cereal for breakfast, rice for lunch, or even pasta at dinner. Now let’s take a close look at health benefits of Teff.
Health Benefits of Teff
1. Bone Health. This tiny grain contains an array of minerals and nutrients, but when it comes to calcium, it is really impressive. Calcium is an important mineral for bone growth and development and helps contribute to solid bone mineral density as we get older. If you are at risk of osteoporosis (maybe due to lifestyle) or have deficiencies in calcium in your diet, then using teff can help protect your bone integrity as you grow older.
2. Immune System. Despite the fact that most grains possess a lot of minerals, they aren’t as well known for possessing an important level of vitamins, especially of vitamin C. maybe you already know that vitamin C is a crucial part of our immune system because it stimulates the production and activity of white blood cells. In spite of this, Vitamin C is furthermore a key component in collagen, which is necessary for the creation of new cells, blood vessels, organs, and muscle tissue. Along with the high protein content of teff grain, the vitamin C present in this valuable dietary staple can have an important impact on your overall health.
3. Keeps You Regular. Everyone really wants to be regular. In case you’re not regular, the colon fills up with toxins and with waste that can lead to an uncomfortable experience. This grain contains around 5 grams of fiber in one ounce. This really is in stark comparison to the all-purpose wheat flours, that contain only one gram of fiber per a single ounce of serving. Basically, the more high-fibre grains you eat, the more regular you are going to be. Best of all, the more fiber you consume gives you a feeling of fullness for a longer time and prevents unnecessary snacking between your meals.
4. Provides Long Lasting Energy. A lot of people depend on high-priced energy booster drinks to give a quick kick to start a day. Most of these drinks add sugar and fat to your body. Rather than these energy booster drinks, you should go for teff grain seeds which are simply natural, low in fat and offers a huge amount of energy to perform any task with full efficiency.
5. Helps Reduce PMS Symptoms. Minerals like for example phosphorus and magnesium perform a big role in reducing cramping and pain during PMS and menses. Furthermore, so it helps ladies who feel sluggish around menstruation may find that teff helps with their energy, for reasons listed above.
6. Controls Signs Of Early Ageing. Teff grain contains large amounts of copper that slow down the process of aging and maintains the natural vibrant color of your hair for a longer time.
7. Circulation. When we speak about the minerals, the most unusually high mineral content comes in the form of iron. Actually, teff is usually recommended for individuals suffering from anemia. Iron is an important element in our red blood cells, and when there is an iron deficiency in the body, can often follow weakness, dizziness, cognitive impairment, muscle cramps, and even headaches which are all symptoms of anemia. If you are looking to boost your circulation and improve oxygenation to crucial organ systems and areas of your body, then add some teff grain or maybe injera bread to your daily diet, as soon as possible!
Nutritional Value of Teff (cooked).