Avocado vs Pineapple – Difference and Comparison
Avocado and Pineapple are without a doubt one of the most delicious fruits across the world. Avocados are cultivated in tropical as well as Mediterranean climates around the world. The skin of Avocado is green colored and the shape of the fruit can be pear-shaped, egg-shaped or spherical. For all who actually never tasted an avocado, it’s texture is fleshy, oily, creamy, so It can be used in everything from salads and wraps to smoothies and even brownies. On the other side, Pineapple is a tropical, perennial, drought-tolerant plant that bears a few long, oval to cylindrical fruits throughout each season (from March until June). The outer skin features rough, tough, and scaly rind and the color may be yellow, orange-yellow or reddish. The internally juicy flesh of Pineapple may range from creamy white to yellow color and has a vibrant tropical flavor that balances the tastes of sweet and tart. Pineapple can be eaten raw or canned, also can be used as an ingredient in smoothies, juices, fruit salads, in cooking and so on.
Nutrition (Nutrition value per 100 g)
– Avocado (Persea americana), raw
– Pineapple (Ananas comosus), raw
• Calories, Fat and Cholesterol
Avocado contains 160 Kcal or 8% od RDA and 14.66 g Fat 48% of RDA, while Pineapple contains 50 Kcal or 2.5% of RDA and 0.12 g or less than 1% of RDA. Those two fruits have 0 mg Cholesterol.
• Protein and Carbohydrates
Avocado contains 2.0 g Protein or 3.5% of RDA and 8.53 g Carbohydrates or 6.5% of RDA, while Pineapple contains 0.54 g Protein or 1% of RDA and 13.52 g Carbohydrates or 10% of RDA.
Avocado contain 146 IU Vitamin A or 5% of RDA, 10 mg Vitamin C or 17% of RDA, 2.07 mg Vitamin E or 14% of RDA, 21 µg Vitamin K or 17.5% or RDA, 81 μg Folate (B9) or 20% of RDA, 1.738 mg Niacin (B3) or 12% of RDA, 1.389 mg Pantothenic acid (B5) or 28% of RDA, 0.257 mg Vitamin B6 or 20% of RDA, on the other side Pineapple contain 58 IU Vitamin A or 2% of RDA, 47.8 mg Vitamin C or 80% of RDA, 0.02 mg Vitamin E or less than 1% of RDA, 0.07 µg Vitamin K or 0.5% of RDA, 18 μg Folate (B9) or 5% of RDA, 0.5 mg Niacin (B3) or 3% of RDA, 0.213 mg Pantothenic acid (B5) or 4% of RDA, 0.112 mg Vitamin B6 or 9% of RDA.
Avocado contain 0.190 mg Copper or 21% of RDA, 0.55 mg Iron or 7% of RDA, 29 mg Magnesium or 7% of RDA, 0.142 mg Manganese or 6% of RDA, 52 mg Phosphorus or 7% of RDA, 0.4 µg Selenium or less than 1% of RDA, 0.64 mg Zinc or 6% of RDA, 485 mg Potassium or 10% of RDA, while Pineapple fruit contain 0.110 mg Copper 12% of RDA, 0.29 mg Iron or 3.5% of RDA, 12 mg Magnesium or 3% of RDA, 0.927 mg Manganese or 40% of RDA, 0.1 µg Selenium or less than 1% of RDA, 0.12 mg Zinc or 1% of RDA, 109 mg Potassium or 2.5% of RDA.
• Avocado has much health benefits some of them are weight management, protection from cardiovascular diseases and diabetes, treating osteoarthritis and enhancing the absorption of nutrients for the body. Moreover, it lowers the risk of cancer, liver damage, and Vitamin K deficiency-related bleeding. Furthermore, helps in keeping eyes healthy and protecting the skin from signs of aging and the harmful effects of UV rays. This fruit also helps in maintaining blood sugar levels and has antioxidant properties. It even helps to boost circulation, boost cognitive abilities, and build stronger bones!
• The health benefits of Pineapple include their ability to improve respiratory health, cure coughs and colds as well as improve digestion, provides help for losing weight, strengthen bones, improve oral health, boost eye health, reduce inflammation, prevent cancer, improve heart health, fight off infections and parasites, boost the immune system, and increase circulation.
Here you can find some recipes in which are included Avocado and Pineapple.
• Banana, Berries and Avocado Smoothie
• Wonderful Blueberry-Avocado Healthy Smoothie
• Healthy Salad With Avocado and Black Bean
• Tropical Drink Rich in Vitamin C
• Honey, Pineapple And Cinnamon Smoothie For Strengthening The Tendons And Ligaments On Your Knees
• Enrich Your Diet With This Fresh Fruit Juice
• Start Your Day With This Delicious Tropical Smoothie
• Perfect Smoothie for Weight Loss and Effective Cleanse of the Entire Body
Sources & References: