Simple Two-Ingredient Drink that Reduces Cholesterol and Triglycerides
This light drink is a great choice for people with high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides. Before applying treatments for the problems, try to ease them first with some small but significant changes to your diet.
If you have problems with high cholesterol levels, we recommend trying this simple two-ingredient drink for yourself. All you need is six lemons and four stalks of celery.
Lab studies have shown one of the chemical compounds of celery, known as Butyl phthalate, can reduce levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol. Researchers from the University of Chicago discovered eating just two stalks of celery a day can reduce cholesterol levels up to seven times.
Celery is also responsible for stimulating the product and secretion of bile acid, which removes cholesterol from the body. Lemons are a very popular fruit, and it’s able to protect against several diseases. This is why people have taken to calling it one of the superfoods.
It’s important to buy organic lemons that haven’t been chemically treated. If you can’t find organic lemons, then wash inorganic lemons as thoroughly as possible.
• Cut the lemons into chunks. Remember to use the whole lemon, as the rind is where you can find most of the nutrients.
• Peel and shred the celery
• Add the celery and lemon chunks to a liter of water
• Refrigerate the mixture for 24 hours and then strain it through gauze
• Store the drink in the fridge and consume around 50ml before each meal