Guava vs Kiwifruit – Difference and Comparison
Guava and Kiwi are fruits with unique taste and affordable cost. About Guava we can say that is very common in Asian countries, but also is available in the western world, especially as more of its health benefits are revealed. It is a somewhat round or pear-shaped seasonal fruit and is light green, yellow, or maroon in color on the outside when it is ripe. Guava also has white or maroon flesh as well as a lot of small hard seeds enveloped in very soft, sweet pulp. This fruit can be eaten raw (ripe or semi-ripe) or in the form of jams and jellies. While on the other side Kiwi fruit is a delicious berry of a woody, twining vine and is generally known as ‘kiwi’. It is native to China and is honored as the country’s national fruit. Originally known as ‘Yang Tao’, and usually, kiwi fruit is oval in shape, the outer skin of the fruit is dull brown colored with a fuzzy texture. The inside pulp is a vivid, semi-translucent, bright green flesh with a radiant pattern of lighter-colored spikes, freckled with a couple of tiny, edible black seeds. The flavor of this fruit is unique and invigorating with a soft and just about creamy texture. The Actinidia genus which includes kiwi comprises of about 60 species. The most commonly consumed varieties worldwide are ‘fuzzy’ and ‘golden’.
Nutrition (Nutrition value per 100 g)
– Guavas, common, raw
– Kiwifruit, green, raw
• Calories, Fat and Cholesterol
Guava has 68 kcal, 0.95 g Fat, while Kiwifruit has 61 kcal, 0.52 g Fat. When we are at the Cholesterol levels, both fruits are zero in Cholesterol.
• Protein and Carbohydrates
Guava contains 2.55 g Protein and 14.32 g Carbohydrates while Kiwifruit contains 1.14 g and 14.66 g Carbohydrates.
Both fruits are loaded with many important vitamins for our health. Guava contain 228.3 mg Vitamin C or 275% of RDA, 49 μg Folate (B9) or 12% of RDA, 0.451 mg Pantothenic acid (B5) or 9% of RDA, 1.084 mg Niacin (B3) or 7% of RDA, 0.067 mg Thiamine (B1) or 6% RDA, 31 μg Vitamin A or 4% of recommended daily allowance. while Kiwifruit contain 92.7 mg Vitamin C or 112% of RDA, 1.46 mg Vitamin E or 10% of RDA, 40.3 μg Vitamin K or 38% of RDA, 0.063 mg Vitamin B6 or 5% of RDA, 25 μg Folate (B9) or 6% of RDA, 0.183 mg Pantothenic acid (B5) or 4% of recommended daily allowance.
Guava contain 417 mg Potassium or 9% of RDA, 22 mg Magnesium or 6% of RDA, 0.15 mg Manganese or 7% of RDA, 40 mg Phosphorus or 6% of RDA, while Kiwifruit contain 17 mg Magnesium or 5% of RDA, 0.098 mg Manganese or 5% of RDA, 34 mg Phosphorus or 5% of RDA, 312 mg Potassium or 7% of recommended daily intake.
• The health benefits of guava include the treatment of diarrhea, constipation, cough, cold, skin care, high blood pressure, dysentery and helps in weight loss. Read More Amazing Guava Benefits Heart Healthy, Weight Loss Friendly and More
• Health benefits of kiwi fruit include improved digestive and cardiovascular health and it aids in the treatment of cancer, insomnia, macular degeneration, and diabetes. Flavonoids-rich kiwi is beneficial during pregnancy, contributes in keeping the skin healthy and promotes the absorption of iron in the body. Anti-microbial properties of kiwi guard against a range of pathogens and strengthen the immune defense of the body. Read More Health Benefits Of Kiwifruit
If you are a fan of Guava and Kiwi Fruit here you can find some recipes in which are included this fruits:
• Amazingly Tasty – Simple, Healthy & Delicious Juice Recipe
• 7 Effective Juice Recipes To Give You Strong, Healthy And Full Hair
• Homemade Tropical Juice That is Actually Very Delicious and Healthy
• A Glass of This Green Smoothie Will Make Migraine Headache Go Away
• Quick and easy GUAVA SMOOTHIE
• Yummy Guava Smoothie Recipes
Sources & References: