Natural Home Remedies For Anorexia
Anorexia has an effect on your body’s overall health in a huge and dangerous way. The main characteristics of this disorder are abnormally low body weight, extreme fear of gaining weight and an inaccurate perception of one’s body weight. As stated by the National Alliance on Mental Illness, anorexia is mainly diagnosed in adolescent women, however, it has been diagnosed in children as young as age 7 and adults as old as 80.
The precise reason for anorexia nervosa is unknown, but the disorder is regarded as to result from a combination of emotional, psychological, social and physical causes.
Also, genetics and hormones can be contributing factors of Anorexia. Too much pressure from society to look thinner and attractive can also be a factor. Individuals with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) may also have a problem with anorexia.
To slim down and maintain a low weight, people with anorexia eat few calories, follow abnormal eating habits and exercise too much. Some individuals also use laxatives, diuretics or stimulate vomiting to eliminate food they have eaten.
Some symptoms of anorexia are:
• Refusal to accept one’s minimal body weight
• Dominating fear of being obese, in spite of being underweight
• Social withdrawal and depression
• Disrupted sleep and fatigue
• Decrease in concentration and attention
• Problems in interactions with people
• Obsession with thoughts of food and the food itself
• Lack of self-perception
• Frequent disorders in mood, personality, and behavior
• Overpowering importance on physical perfection and general appearance
If anorexia is not treated timely it can result in many additional complications, for example, abnormal heart rhythms ( arrhythmias ), an imbalance of electrolytes within your body, anemia, bone loss, kidney problems and etc.
People who have anorexia commonly do not even realize that they have a problem, which makes treatment difficult. That is why the treatment involves psychological therapy as well as aims to increase a person’s appetite to help establish healthy eating habits and restore a normal weight.
Treatment requires the help of professionals. At the same time, you can try a few lifestyle changes and natural home remedies to help out with the treatment.
Home Remedies For Anorexia
01. Apple. Eating an apple a day encourages a rise of protein-digesting enzymes named pepsin. This really is helpful in helping digestion.
02. Garlic. The pungent garlic may easily encourage the production of digestive juices, thus improving the digestion process. Peel two cloves of fresh garlic.Crush the garlic cloves and add a dash of rock salt. You should feed an anorexic the crushed garlic flavored with a rock salt first thing in the morning to kick start his or her appetite.
03. Ginger. Ginger is particularly advisable for anorexia because it helps to increase hunger. Ginger taken with rock salt each day functions miraculously on an upset stomach and in stimulating the appetite.
04. Oranges. Fresh fruits for example oranges can efficiently deal with anorexia by stimulating your appetite. Oranges can help enhance your digestive heath. You should cleanse your digestive system because, without it, you will not feel hungry. Additionally, the enriching smell of oranges and orange peels helps calm the nerves and fight depression and anxiety.
– To enhance your mood, breathe in the aroma of orange peels.
05. Sour Grapes. Extract the juice of sour grapes and add them to flour to make dough for bread. Bake the bread and consume it for at least fifteen days to overcome your eating disorder.
06. Pineapple. Pineapple likewise helps to deal with anorexia by stimulating your appetite and increases your food cravings. Consume fresh pineapple each morning; it makes you feel hungry during the day.
07. Mint. Mint is a natural appetizer, therefore consume 2 spoonfuls of mint juice each morning to help boost your hunger. Within a couple of days of taking mint juice, you will notice a marked change in your eating habits and you will feel more of a craving for food.
08. Cinnamon. Cinnamon is an excellent home remedy that stimulates the secretion of juices beneficial for your digestive system. Add a tsp of powdered cinnamon to a liter of water. Stir properly and consume two glasses of this water about half an hour before meals. It will definitely increase your hunger.
09. Chamomile Tea. Chamomile tea is very useful in treating the problem of anorexia effectively. Moreover, it reduces stress and anxiety and enhances the overall condition very effectively. Sip in some cups of chamomile tea to get the benefits.
10. Carrot Juice. Carrot juice is helpful in the secretion of gastric juices to improve your digestive system. It also cleanses the digestive tract and flushes out the toxins. Add carrot juice to a glass of warm water and have it to treat the symptoms of anorexia.
Note: Do consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment of this condition. Use home remedies just as an adjunct treatment.http://healthyfoodmaster.com/natural-home-remedies-for-anorexia/Natural MedicineB vitamins,health,healthy diet,home remedies