Rose Apple Benefits – detoxify the liver and kidney, aids digestion and etc
Rose Apples are not related to roses or apples. Actually, Rose apples are most closely linked to guava, and although there are several species, the most commonly consumed variety possesses the scientific name Syzygium Jambos. Other common names are water apple, Jamaican apple, wax jambu and bell fruit. Rose Apple is bell-shaped fruit and the color might be red, yellow or green. It grows on a shrub or a small tree in South Asia. Also, is spread in other world areas and was used like an ornament at first. However later is used as food and as medicine. Rose apple can be eaten raw like an apple or can be used in various food preparations like jams and jellies and exotic desserts. It is enriched with vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants, with a tasty skin and crunchy flesh. Rose Apples shows amazing benefits to numerous health conditions.
Nutritional Value Of Rose Apples
Health Benefits Of Rose Apples
1. Help Digestion. Rose Apple is wealthy in dietary fiber content preventing constipation and bloating. It maintains proper gut health keeping serious conditions away. Seeds of rose apples have been used to prevent diarrhea and dysentery.
2. Skin Health. An appropriate amount of Vitamin A and C could be obtained from the Rose Apple. That helps to prevent the damage from the oxidative stress caused by the poor diet, stress, and pollution. It also reduces the dryness of the skin and reduces the wrinkles.
3. Cholesterol and Heart Health. Dietary fiber along with other nutrients in rose apples shows considerable effects on cholesterol levels in research studies. That leads to a lowered chance of atherosclerosis, thus preventing cardiovascular complications like heart attacks, strokes, and coronary heart disease.
4. Boosts Immune System. Rose apple is a nice immune booster attributing to a vast amount of minerals and vitamins found in it. Vitamin C protects against microbial infections and vitamin A increases body immunity effectively. Nutrients like iron and calcium (contained in it) keep the body strong and healthy protecting against various infectious diseases.
5. Cleanse Liver and Kidney. Diuretic properties are not an exception in Rose apples. Its decoction and juice are useful for clearing liver and kidneys from toxic substances. It eliminates the toxic substances from the body maintaining overall health and improving organ functioning.
6. Boost good HDL Cholesterol. Rose Apple is the source of Niacin or Vitamin B3 which is used to add cholesterol. The research has revealed that Niacin increases the HDL cholesterol levels and decreases the triglycerides and LDL cholesterol.
Some Words of Caution: The rose apple’s seeds are poisonous, as are its roots. There’s an unknown amount of hydrocyanic acid, also called prussic acid or cyanide, in the plant’s stems, roots, and leaves. Hydrocyanic acid poisoning can be fatal. Only consume rose apples from trusted markets and avoid excessive consumption of other parts of the fruit besides the flesh and skin itself.