Top 7 Health Benefits Of Triticale
One of the most interesting developments that came in the late 19th century is Triticale. It is a grain which is made after cross-breeding wheat (Triticum) and rye (Secale) and hence the name ‘Triticale’ that suggests the hybrid between the two grains. An interesting thing is that triticale has higher levels of most vitamins and minerals than either of their two contributing species, which makes it ideal nutritional fodder food for livestock. But however, Triticale has become a popular health food for humans, also for the reason that it is abundant with beneficial nutrients and is one of the usual ingredients of a healthy breakfast as well as is widespread in almost all the health stores all over the world. Below are listed some popular benefits of consuming Triticale.
Nutritional Value Of Triticale
Triticale contain a high content of dietary fiber, protein, and minerals, even more than both rye and wheat, making it a veritable “super cereal”. It is also a rich source of manganese, iron, copper, zinc, phosphorous, calcium, potassium, and magnesium, and furthermore, it contains essential vitamins, including the entire B-family of vitamins in significant quantities and vitamin E.
Health Benefits Of Triticale
1. Aids Digestion. Triticale is an excellent digestive aid because is rich in dietary fiber. Dietary fiber helps improve digestive processes and eases conditions like constipation by bulking up the stool. After the stool bulks up, it passes through the digestive tract more easier and quicker. Fiber helps quicken absorption and excretion. Diets high in fiber is helpful in improving diarrhea, bloating, cramping as well as serious problems like gastric ulcers, Crohn’s disease, and even colon cancer.
2. Diabetes Control. For anyone who suffering from diabetes or is at risk of developing the condition, triticale might help in several ways. To start with, the high fiber content of triticale (50% more than wheat or rye) signifies that blood sugar levels are balanced, which is the main problem for that condition. The bloodstream is flooded with simple sugars and glucose which in turn causes major problems; the good news is, fiber prevents this. Next, the huge content of manganese present in triticale is the second line of defense for diabetics. Manganese is a functional part of numerous enzymatic processes in gluconeogenesis, which is exactly how the human body turns sugars into energy, instead of absorbing it into the bloodstream. This provides us with more energy even more regulated levels of blood sugar.
3. Boosts Bone Health. Triticale is packed with several essential minerals and vitamins that promote healthy bones. Some of these minerals also help create bone tissue. If you are suffering from weak bones, or joint pains, consider adding triticale to your diet. It helps accelerate bone growth as well as the bone healing processes.
4. Skin Health. The consumption of Triticale has been found to promote skin health simply because that this cereal is rich in manganese content and the high level of the mineral manganese assists reduce symptoms of skin ailments to a great extent.
5. Circulation Boost. Red blood cells are very important elements in human health for the reason that they provide the oxygen to all areas of the body, including vital organ systems, skin cells, and muscle tissues. Iron, copper and folic acid are all required elements within the manufacture of red blood cells, and triticale possesses all of those three elements in significant levels. This means that RBC count and circulation increases, thus enhancing the speed of healing of numerous tissues and cells, improving metabolic efficiency, improving hair growth, and providing the body with well-balanced energy levels.
6. Improves Muscle Growth And Health. Simply because that triticale is packed with protein content, they are in turn good in bettering and promoting the growth as well as the health of muscles in the body.
7. Promotes Metabolism. Triticale consumption has actually been seen to improve the overall body metabolism in humans, therefore, works well for the burning of the fats and in turn can be useful for maintaining optimum weight and prevents accumulation of excess body fat too.
Some Words of Caution: Triticale is an excellent way to obtain many nutrients, but it can have negative effects on people who have gluten intolerance or Coeliac disease. Triticale may cause severe allergic reactions and even gastrointestinal problems for individuals with celiac disease.