10 Fruits to Boost Hemoglobin Levels
Hemoglobin is a protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen throughout the body. A low hemoglobin count can lead to extreme fatigue and even anemia. The good news is that there are a number of fruits that boost hemoglobin levels, such as:
1. Dried Tomatoes. Sun-dried tomatoes are more convenient compared to fresh tomatoes because they are sold in jars. You can add them to your omelet, salad or many other meals.
2. Persimmons. Persimmons are abundant with iron and vitamin C which act together to boost the level of hemoglobin. They provide a lot of the benefits when eaten raw so you can use them as an ingredient in smoothies and salads. People with diabetes should consume them in moderate doses since they are loaded with a high level of fructose.
3. Raisins. Deficiency in iron can cause a low level of hemoglobin. Therefore, you should definitely consume food packed with iron, such as raisins or dried grapes. You can add them in oatmeal, cereal or yogurt. In case you are diabetic, be certain to consume grape in moderate doses simply because its high glycemic index can significantly increase the level of glucose.
4. Mulberries. Mulberries are among the richest berries in iron. Additionally, they abound in protein, a macronutrient that boosts hemoglobin level.
5. Dried Apricots. Dried apricots are loaded with both iron and vitamin C. Fortunately they are also high in fiber, an excellent nutrient that relieves constipation. For a yummy meal, you can add dried apricots to your oatmeal.
6. Pomegranates. Pomegranate is a refreshing fruit and by the way, it contains an impressive amount of vitamin C which boost the level of iron in your body. You can use Pomegranates in many delicious salads or just make a pomegranate juice.
7. Dates. People consume dates in lots of ways, for example mixing the paste of the dates with milk, yogurt or with bread or butter to make them much more delicious. Dates raise the level of iron and you won’t crave for food for longer. in case you have diabetes, consume them moderately.
8. Watermelon. Watermelon is a delicious and refreshing fruit that will boost your blood count due to the abundance of iron and vitamin C. You can prepare a refreshing smoothie or some summer salad.
9. Prunes. Prunes are basically plums that have been dried naturally in the sun without undergoing any fermentation process. They are powerful laxative due to the high level of fiber. Additionally, they can ease constipation, boost hemoglobin levels and treat many other conditions. You may add them to muffins or even savory dishes. Due to the high level of fiber, make sure you do not eat too many prunes.
10. Currants. Currants are packed with protein and iron, important nutrients that boost your blood count. You can use currants in many ways like for example for pancakes, pastries, and smoothies.
Despite those fruits there exist many other foods including nuts, seafood or lean meat that are plentiful in iron. Even, you can find breakfast cereals that contain iron. If combined with a healthy lifestyle, these foods will provide an ideal functioning and an overall health of your body.https://healthyfoodmaster.com/10-fruits-to-boost-hemoglobin-levels/General Healthhealthy diet,heart,Iron,vitamin C