7 Health Benefits of Kumquats – Important for Overall Wellness
Fortunella Japonica, most commonly known as kumquats are one among the tiniest members of the citrus family. Its size and shape closely resemble a miniature oval-shaped orange. Kumquats are cultivated in China, South Korea, North Korea, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, Nepal, Japan, the Middle East, Iran, Europe, southern Pakistan, and the southern United States.
Kumquat can be eaten just like as grapes and olives along with the peel. Besides that, it can be used for candying and make preserves, marmalade, jelly and can be added to fruit salads. Kumquat contains numerous nutrients that make it healthy fruit, therefore, playing very important role in the overall wellness of the body.
Nutritional Value Of Kumquats
Health Benefits Of Kumquats
1. Immune System Support. Kumquat contains an excellent source of Vitamin C. 100 g Kumquats (raw) contains 43.9 mg Vitamin C or 53% of recommended daily allowance. As a consequence of the wealthy source of Vitamin C, Kumquat boosts your immune system. Therefore it is beneficial to protect from cold, flu and common infections.
2. Digestive Health. Undoubtedly one of the main functions of kumquats is their role in regulating the digestive health of people who eat some of these each week. Only one Kumquat fruit contain 1.2 g fiber or 4% of recommended daily allowance. Eating a handful of kumquats isn’t very tough to do! That amount of fiber helps to keep your gastrointestinal tract moving and regulates your digestion to a healthy level. It can help to eliminate constipation, excess gas, bloating, and cramping, while also increasing the efficiency of your nutrient uptake.
3. Good for Teeth and Bones. Kumquats contain several minerals that can reduce your risk of developing bone conditions like osteoporosis. Calcium, in particular, is linked to healthier bones and better mobility but the magnesium which is also present in the fruit is just as important.
4. Skin Health. The combination of antioxidants and vitamins found in kumquats make them ideal for protecting the skin, not only from cancerous effects of the sun, but also to heal the negative effects of free radicals, which can cause wrinkles, age spots, and rough, unhealthy skin. Kumquats, like many citrus fruits, can have a serious effect on the appearance and feel of your body’s largest organ.
5. Healthier Hair. In the same way that kumquats can improve the health of your skin, they can have much the same effect on your hair. The antioxidant vitamin C, as well as the other minerals found in the fruit, are ideal for ensuring your locks stay healthy and strong.
6. Encourage Weight Loss. The high fiber and water content, low calories, and significant carbohydrate composition make kumquats ideal for helping people lose weight. They will fill you up and keep you healthy, which will reduce your urge to overeat.
7. Prevent Diabetes. It is good for digestion as well as a digestive system because of the presence of enough fiber. These dietary fibers also balance insulin and glucose in the body thus prevents sugar and diabetes.https://healthyfoodmaster.com/7-health-benefits-kumquats/Fruitsantioxidants,bone,Energy,vitamin C,weight loss