8 Surprising Benefits of Oolong Tea
Oolong tea possesses a great taste and can be consumed hot or cold, whichever you choose. It is a traditional Chinese tea which is generally grown and processed in China and Taiwan. This tea falls somewhere between green and black teas, as its leaves are only partially oxidized. There are lots of different types of tea in the world, but oolong tea might be among the most beneficial teas. Here are the health benefits of Oolong tea:
1. Promotes Weight Loss. Oolong tea has polyphenols that have already shown very good results in weight management. But what are those Polyphenols? They are antioxidants that keep the body free from harmful toxins that reduce the body’s fat metabolism. It is helpful that metabolic rates are boosted to normalize the fat storage within your body. Polyphenols contained in Oolong tea are essential to the optimal functioning of body’s fat cells. This is the reason why many health experts would attest that a minimum of one cup of oolong tea per day can prevent obesity. In case you consume too much food, drinking oolong tea before ending your day can help in lowering the effects of your calorie intake.
2. Cardiovascular Health. Regular consumption of oolong tea is known to decrease the levels of cholesterol, thus lowering the risk of heart attacks. Research shows that individuals who drink 1 to 6 cups of oolong tea in a week face a lower risk of succumbing to cardiovascular diseases.
3. Anti-Aging. When our skin is exposed to free radicals every single day, the process of aging speeds up. This leads to early appearances of fine lines and wrinkles and also dark spots. Oolong tea possesses high levels of antioxidants which can slow down the oxidation of cells and can result in much healthier and younger skin cells.
4. Healthy Bones. The antioxidants contained in oolong tea protect teeth against decay, improve the bone structure, prevent osteoporosis, as well as promote normal, healthy growth of the human body. Lots of studies analyzed the long-term effects of drinking tea, particularly on bone mineral density ( BMD ). It found that folks who regularly drank black or oolong tea for over ten years were tremendously less likely to lose their bone mineral density over that span of time. It is thought that a few of the components in tea actually stimulate the retention of minerals from other foods that we consume through the day.
5. Alleviates Stress. Compounds that are contained in oolong tea are proven to have calming effects. As a matter of fact, drinking oolong tea is strongly recommended to anyone who has anxiety and stress management issues. Regular consumption of oolong tea will allow you to think clearly and able to focus. Studies concluded that a cup of oolong tea per day may reduce levels of stress up to 20%. To be able to enjoy your days without having to be negatively influenced by everything that doesn’t come up the way you want, oolong tea is definitely what exactly you need. If you are looking for a great and quick stress reliever and mood swing suppressor, drinking oolong tea is the key.
6. Reduces Inflammation Levels in Your Body. Speaking of anti-inflammatory properties, oolong tea considerably lowers the overall inflammation levels in your body, similar to green tea, only slightly more so. This anti-inflammatory effect promotes durability and avoids cardiovascular diseases, joint diseases like arthritis or degenerative diseases.
7. Prevents Hair Loss. Due to the fact that this tea is abundant in antioxidants, it can also have a great deal for your hair as well. Consuming oolong tea promotes healthy and soft hair growth. The benefits of this tea for healthy hair have only recently come to light and it is more and more used in lots hair-care products.
8. Aids Digestion. Oolong can help aid digestion for those of you who are not sensitive to caffeine. The tea alkalizes the digestive tract, reducing inflammation in individuals with acid reflux and ulcer problems. Because it is mildly antiseptic, oolong tea can clear bad bacteria from your belly. It’s calm, smooth flavor can soothe the stomach when consumed hot.https://healthyfoodmaster.com/8-surprising-benefits-of-oolong-tea/Beveragesanti-aging,antioxidants,blood sugar,bone,Dental care,Detoxification,free radicals,skin,weight loss