9 Vegetables You Can Buy Once And Regrow Forever!
Vegetables are really important for our health. Adding veggies to your daily diet gives you several health benefits, but their problem is the fact that they go bad fast. Nevertheless, there is a solution to this, which is simple and inexpensive!
The solution is to start growing your own vegetables, of course at your HOME!
Growing your own vegetables? It seems like a lot of work that you need to do to grow them, but not with the following ten vegetables, that you only need to buy one time and enjoy forever!
1. Asparagus. Asparagus is an early spring veggie. If you cultivate it properly, your asparagus may be regrown for twenty-five years. Asparagus seeds need a couple of years to mature, and crowns are a much better solution if you need your veggies sooner. Do not over-water your asparagus, otherwise, it will rot.
2. Celery. You can utilize leftover celery bottoms for this. That’s the part that no one wants to eat. Cut the base off and place it in a shallow bowl or saucer in the sun. The leaves will thicken and grow with time in the middle of the base. After 3 days plant it in the soil(2).
3. Garlic. You may use garlic cloves to regrow sprouts, and one small clove can give you over ten garlic cloves. You can include them in salads, pasta, as well as numerous meals because their taste is a little milder. Right after they sprout, place them in a glass with a little water, and keep the glass on the windowsill, or maybe outside. When the sprouts reach a couple of inches replant them. Use a bigger pot and fertile soil, and after a couple of days, the first leaves will appear. Pick the garlic when the leaves are brown and begin falling.
4. Romaine Lettuce. Use the bottom of the ‘head’. Place it in a half inch container loaded with water. As soon as you notice the new roots as well as leaves coming out, plant the lettuce in a pot or simply in your garden. The leaves will grow up 2 times their size. The same method can be used to regrow cabbage(4).
5. Green Onion. We talking about Green Onion we can say that it is the easiest vegetables to regrow. All you need to do is to cut them in about an inch from the roots and place them in a glass of water(5).
7. Leeks. Regrowing leeks is like regrowing green onions. The simple method is really useful to make the most out of your vegetables. Just cut them in about 2 inches from the roots and place them in a bowl of water(7).
8. Sweet Potato. Regrowing sweet potato is simpler than you think. Just place it in a jar of water in direct sunlight. You will notice the new shoots begin to emerge within a few days(8).
9. Peppers. You could grow many hot peppers from the seeds that are remaining. Simply pick up the seeds from your habaneros, jalapenos or some other peppers that you have on hand. Plant them in potting soil and keep in direct sunlight unless of course it is warm outside and then you may just plant them in your garden area. In fact, Peppers don’t require a lot of care and they grow relatively fast. After you get a new crop, just save some of the seeds for replanting again.
https://healthyfoodmaster.com/9-vegetables-you-can-buy-once-and-regrow-forever/General HealthHome GardenVegetableshealth,healthy diet