A Simple Shopping List for the Atkins Diet
The Atkins diet, also known as the Atkins nutritional approach, is a commercial weight-loss program devised by Robert Atkins. The Atkins diet is a low-carb diet, usually recommended for weight loss. Proponents of this diet claim that you can lose weight while eating as much protein and fat as you want, as long as you avoid foods high in carbs.
If you follow the Atkins Diet, it’s a good rule to shop at the perimeter of the store. This is usually where the whole foods are found. Eating organic is not necessary, but always go for the least processed option that fits your budget.
• Meats: Beef, chicken, lamb, pork, bacon.
• Fatty fish: Salmon, trout, etc.
• Shrimp and shellfish.
• Dairy: Greek yogurt, heavy cream, butter, cheese.
• Vegetables: Spinach, kale, lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, onions, etc.
• Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, etc.
• Nuts: Almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc.
• Seeds: Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
• Fruits: Apples, pears, oranges.
• Coconut oil.
• Extra virgin olive oil.
• Dark chocolate.
• Condiments: Sea salt, pepper, turmeric, cinnamon, garlic, parsley, etc.
It’s highly recommended to clear your pantry of all unhealthy foods and ingredients. This includes ice cream, sodas, breakfast cereals, breads, juices and baking ingredients like sugar and wheat flour. If you’re serious about the Atkins diet, consider buying or borrowing one of the Atkins books and simply get started as soon as possible. At the end of the day, the Atkins diet is a healthy and effective way to lose weight. You won’t be disappointed.https://healthyfoodmaster.com/a-simple-shopping-list-for-the-atkins-diet/Diet & Weight Lossatkins diet,diet,healthy diet