Apple vs Pear – Difference and Comparison
Apple and Pear are amongst most famous fruits around the world, but with a good reason, they are very nutritious and versatile fruits. Apple has a mix of mildly sweet and tart flavor and this fruit is usually eaten fresh or in fruit salads and smoothies, but keep in mind that the seeds are bitter in taste, hence they are not edible. The taste of Pear is very close to an apple, only softer, smoother and with a little more sweet, slightly floral taste and this fruit is usually eaten raw or canned, and can also be dried or perhaps processed into juice or alcoholic beverages, for instance, cider and perry. The shape of Apple is oval and its outer peel can be in different hues and colors depending upon the cultivar type, while pear fruit feature bell or “pyriform” shape and the skin is very thin; and based upon the cultivar type, it may be green, red-orange or yellow-orange in color. Both fruits are packed with health benefiting nutrients such as dietary fiber, anti-oxidants, minerals, and vitamins, which are required for ideal health.
• Calories, Fat and Cholesterol
In a 100g serving size of Apple contains 52 kcal, while Pear in the same portion size of 100 g contains 57 kcal, which is little more than Apple. When we talk about the content of fat and cholesterol apples are containing 0.17 g Fat and 0 mg Cholesterol in 100 g serving, while pears have 0.14 g Fat and 0 mg Cholesterol in the same portion size.
• Protein and Carbohydrates
Do you have an idea which of those two fruits contains more Protein and Carbohydrates? let’s see, in a just 100g serving size of apples contain 0.26 g Protein and 13.81 g Carbohydrates, while pears are loaded with 0.36 g Protein and 15.23 g Carbohydrates in the same portion size.
The content of vitamins in apples and pears is something that needs to be respected. So let’s start with comparison, a 100g portion size of apples are contained Vitamin C 4.6 mg or 6% of the daily value, Vitamin E 0.18 mg or 1% of the daily value, Vitamin K 2.2 μg or 2% of the daily value, Vitamin B6 0.041 m or 3% of the daily value, while in 100g portion size of pears is contained Vitamin C 4.3 mg or 5% of the daily value, Vitamin E 0.12 mg or 1% of the daily value, Vitamin K 4.4 μg or 4 % of the daily value, Vitamin B6 0.029 mg or 2% of the daily value.
When it comes to minerals, apples contain Potassium 107 mg or 2 %, Phosphorus 11 mg or 2% of the daily value, Calcium 6 mg or 1% of the daily value, Iron 0.12 mg or 1% of the daily value in just 100g portion size, while in the same portion size pears contain Potassium 116 mg or 2% of the daily value, Phosphorus 12 mg or 2% of the daily value, Calcium 9 mg or 1% of the daily value, Iron 0.18 mg or 1% of the daily value.
• Apples are really beneficial fruits and some of the health benefits are improved digestion, prevention of stomach disorders, liver disorders, gallstones, constipation, anemia, diabetes, heart disease, rheumatism, eye disorders, and gout. It may also help in case of weakness and provides you with relief from dysentery. Furthermore, this fruit can aid in treating dysentery as well as prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Dental care and skin care are also benefits of this fruit.
• Pears are also incredible fruits when in comes to health benefits. Several of the benefits of pears include their capability to help in weight loss, improve digestion, improve heart health, deal with the body’s fluid levels, decrease blood pressure, boost cognitive ability, promote wound healing and tissue repair, reduce the chances of birth defects, increase the immune system, reduce inflammation, boost the metabolism, improve circulation, protect against osteoporosis, and finally can benefit skin, eyes, and hair.
A few recipes which include Apples and Pears
• Delicious Drink That Can Prevent Many Diseases
• Boost your Blood with this Healthy Syrup!
• Tasty Apple Protein Smoothie Which Gives You More Energy
• Natural Juice Against Constipation and for Cleansing of the Body
• Super Detox Green Juice – Reduces inflammation of the digestive system!
• Amazing Sunset Colored Juice
• Post Workout Power Punch Juice
• Vitamin Bomb Smoothie For A Stronger Immune System
Sources & References: