Eating Fast Can Lead to Many Health Problems
Eating fast may not only increase your risk of becoming overweight and obese. It may also lead to other health problems, including:
• Insulin resistance: Eating too quickly has been linked to a higher risk of insulin resistance. This condition, characterized by high blood sugar and insulin levels, is a hallmark of type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
• Type 2 diabetes: Eating fast has been associated with a higher risk of type 2 diabetes. One study found fast eaters were 2.5 times more likely to get the disease compared to those who ate more slowly.
• Metabolic syndrome: Rapid eating may increase the risk of metabolic syndrome, a group of risk factors that may raise your risk of diabetes, heart disease, and many other common health problems.
• Poor digestion: Fast eaters commonly report they experience poor digestion as a consequence of eating too quickly. They may take larger bites and chew their food less than slow eaters do, which may affect digestion.
• Lower satisfaction: This may not be a health problem, but it’s still very important. Fast eaters tend to rate their meals as less pleasant, compared to slow eaters.
Eating fast may contribute to the development of type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, and metabolic syndrome. It may also lead to poor digestion and decreased enjoyment of food.https://healthyfoodmaster.com/eating-fast-can-lead-many-health-problems/https://i2.wp.com/healthyfoodmaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Eating-Fast-Can-Lead-to-Many-Health-Problems.jpg?fit=900%2C558&ssl=1https://i1.wp.com/healthyfoodmaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Eating-Fast-Can-Lead-to-Many-Health-Problems.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1General Healthhealth