Here Are Some Exotic, But Incredibly Delicious Types Of Fruits!
Fruits are one of the most important food products for us. They possess many nutrients that are necessary for our organism in order to be able to function better and perform the basic life processes. That is the reason we should always pay attention and eat as much fruit as possible. Fruits can be eaten fresh or you can make juice or jams.
The most familiar fruits are apples, pears, watermelons, oranges, plums, etc. But there a lot of fruits which grow just in certain parts of the world and we are not very familiar with them. So, in this article we are going to present you a few fruits which are very healthy, but unknown in many parts of the world:
• Ackee. This fruit is also known under its Latin name “Blighia sapida”. It originates from the tropical parts of West Africa. It is one of the main ingredients in many meals prepared on the Caribbean Islands. It consists plenty of fatty acids, such as omega-6, then carbohydrates, zinc, calcium, vitamins B and C, fiber and protein. Also, a very positive thing is that it has zero cholesterol and saturated fats.
Find more about: Health Benefits of Ackee
• Carambola. The Carambola or also known as “Averrhoa carambola” or the star fruit is a type of fruit mostly found in the southeast part of Asia, in the South Pacific as well as parts of eastern Asia, plus Latin America, The Caribbean Islands and the United States of America. This fruit is very crispy, firm and juicy. It has 4% sugar so it is very sweet, but it has also antioxidants, calcium, and vitamin C. Its taste is a mixture of lemons, apples, and pears.
Find more about: Health Benefits of Starfruit
• Java apple or “Syzygium samarangense”. is a fruit commonly found in the Malay Peninsula and the Philippines. It is known under a couple of names such as: Semarang rose-apple, Wax jambu or Macopa. Don’t get confused, this fruit has no connection with the apple we know. This fruit has a similar taste to the pears and the flesh and juiciness are similar to the watermelons. It can be consumed raw or used in salads or some sweet pleasures.
• Nypa or “Nypa fruticans”. is a type of fruit which grows on the Nypa palms found on the shores of the Indian and the Pacific Ocean. People in the Philippines and in Malesia make from the nypa alcoholic drinks, such as Tuba, Bahal, and Tuck. The Nypa seed is known under the name “Attap Chee” and those seeds are usually used when making desserts. Apart for being an excellent food product, this fruit is also great for obtaining biofuel.
• Pitaya. is a type of cactus which originates from Mexico, Central and South America, as well as in countries as Israel, China, Cyprus and North Australia. The flesh of the fruit is consumed raw, it has a sweet taste and zero calories. The pitaya has a taste similar to the nuts and another good thing is that you can make wine and juices from the fruit and from the flower of the plant you can prepare healthy tea.
Find more about: 6 Surprising Benefits Of Dragon Fruit You Never Knew
Well, here they are, the exotic, completely healthy and very delicious fruits. Believe me, once you try them, immediately you will ask for more.