Peach vs Apricot – Difference and Comparison
Peaches and Apricots are delicious and widely popular fruits that belong to the genus Prunus and are native to the Asian continent. Peach is a round-shaped fruit which is about 7-10 cm in diameter and has juicy sweet and tart taste with a pleasant aroma and multi-colored reddish, pink and yellow skin. While Apricot is an oval-shaped fruit which is about 1.5–2.5 cm in diameter with a taste that can range from sweet to tart and Apricot is not very juicy fruit, the color of the skin can be from yellow to orange – the side which is most exposed to the sun is often red-colored. Peaches can be consumed in various ways like for example they can be added to salads, desserts or can be used in cocktails, jams, jellies and other recipes as well as can be eaten raw and canned. While on the other side Apricots can be consumed raw, or dried as well as can be used in the preparation of various juices, jams, squash, and jellies. One of the many reasons why these two fruits have been so popular throughout history until today is that they can be directly associated with lots of health benefits, on the account of the unique nutrients, vitamins, and minerals contained in them.
Nutrition (Nutrition value per 100 g)
– Peaches, raw
– Apricots, raw
• Calories, Fat and Cholesterol
Peaches are low in calories they contain just 39 Kcal, while Apricots has little more, they contain 48 Kcal. When we talk about the content of Fat, Peaches contain 0.25 g or 1% of the RDA, while Apricots contain 0.4 g or about 1% of the recommended daily allowance. Peaches and Apricots contain 0 mg Cholesterol.
• Protein and Carbohydrates
Peach contain 0.91 g Protein or 1.5% of the RDA and 9.54 g Carbohydrates or 7% of the recommended daily allowance, while on the other side Apricot contains 1.4 g Protein or 2.5% of RDA and 11.12 g Carbohydrates or 8.5% of the recommended daily allowance.
Peach and Apricot are good sources of many important vitamins. Peach contain 326 IU Vitamin A or 11% of RDA, 6.6 mg Vitamin C or 11% of RDA, 0.73 mg Vitamin E or 5% of DRA, 2.6 µg Vitamin K or 2% of RDA, 0.806 mg Niacin (B3) or 5% of RDA, 0.153 mg Pantothenic acid (B5) or 3% of RDA, 0.025 mg Vitamin B6 or 2% of recommended daily allowance. Apricot contain 1926 IU Vitamin A or 64% of RDA, 10 mg Vitamin C or 16% of RDA, 0 mg Vitamin E, 3.3 µg Vitamin K or 3% of RDA, 0.6 mg Niacin (B3) or 4% of RDA, 0.24 mg Pantothenic acid (B5) or 5% of RDA, 0.054 mg Vitamin B6 or 4% of recommended daily allowance.
They are rich in many vital minerals namely Peach contain 6 mg Calcium or 0.6% of RDA, 0.068 mg Copper or 7.5% of RDA, 0.25 mg Iron or 3% of RDA, 9 mg Magnesium or 2% of RDA, 0.61 mg Manganese or 3% of RDA, 11 mg Phosphorus or 2% of RDA and 190 mg Potassium or 4% of the recommended daily allowance. Apricot contain 13 mg Calcium or 1.3% of RDA, 0.39 mg Iron or 5% of RDA, 10 mg Magnesium or 2.5% of RDA, 0.077 mg Manganese or 3% of RDA, 23 mg Phosphorus or 3% of RDA, 0.2 mg Zinc or 2% of RDA and 259 mg Potassium or 5.5% of the recommended daily allowance.
• Peaches have so much more to offer than their incredibly delicious taste. Peaches can provide you with the following health benefits: relief from hypokalemia, cancer, obesity, cholesterol, blood stasis and neurodegenerative diseases. This fruit is also beneficial in maintaining healthy vision, skin care, nervous system, healthy bones, and teeth. Furthermore, it has anti-aging properties as well as aids in detoxification and improves digestion and cellular health. Read more about Health Benefits of Peach
• The health benefits of Apricots are really outstanding they have the ability to treat indigestion, constipation, earaches, fevers, skin diseases, cancer, and anemia. This fruit is believed that is good for skin care, especially for women. Aside from that, apricots are capable of improving heart health, bring down cholesterol levels, prevent the deterioration of vision, helps to lose weight, deal with respiratory conditions, improve bone strength, and maintain electrolyte balance within your body. The oil of Apricot is beneficial for treating strained muscles and wounds. Read more about Surprising Health Benefits Of Apricots
• Peach Almond Smoothie Which is Really Inexpensive to Make
• Banana, Peach and Blackberries Smoothie
• Cleanse Your Intestines With A Radical Method Within Two Days Do Not Let Diseases Glue Onto You!
• Apricot Smoothie Recipes and Nutrition
Sources & References: