Here Are Few Techniques How to Slow Down Your Eating
Eating more slowly may provide various health benefits. It may increase your levels of satiety hormones, help you feel more full and decrease your calorie intake. It may also improve your digestion and increase your enjoyment of food.
If you want to eat more slowly, here are a few techniques you can try:
• Don’t eat in front of screens: Eating in front of a TV, computer, smartphone or other distraction may lead you to eat fast and mindlessly. It can also make you lose track of how much you’ve eaten.
• Put your fork down between each mouthful: This will help you slow down and enjoy each bite more.
• Don’t get too hungry: Avoid becoming extremely hungry between meals. It can make you eat too fast and make poor food decisions. Keep some healthy snacks around to prevent this from happening.
• Sip on water: Drinking water throughout your meal will help you feel full and encourage you to slow down.
• Chew thoroughly: Chew your food more often before swallowing. It may help to count how many times you chew each bite. Aim to chew each mouthful of food 20–30 times.
• Eat foods rich in fiber: High-fiber foods like fruits and vegetables are not only very filling, they also take quite a long time to chew.
• Take small bites: Taking smaller bites may help you slow down your eating pace and make your meal last longer.
• Eat mindfully: Mindful eating is a powerful tool. The fundamental principle behind it is to pay attention to the food you’re eating. Some of the exercises above are practiced in mindful eating.
Like all new habits, eating slowly takes practice and patience. Start with just one of the tips above and develop the habit from there.
To learn more about how eating slowly can help you lose weight, read this article.
Slow eating techniques include chewing more, drinking plenty of water, eating without distractions and avoiding extreme hunger.https://healthyfoodmaster.com/techniques-slow-eating/Diet & Weight Lossweight loss