Top 6 Ways To Improve Concentration
Better concentration and focus makes life easier and more productive, and anyone can make it happen. Use these simple-to-do skills and lifestyle changes.
1. Stay calm. Deep concentration is a matter of increasing or directing your life-force or conscious, cosmic energy. The more of this kind of energy you have, the better. Scattered energy doesn’t help. It must be calm, focused energy. Learn to be calmly concentrated and be concentratedly calm.
2. Eat Right for Your Brain. To eat the right food for your brain, keep these simple principles in mind. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. They are high in vitamins, antioxidants, and phytonutrients your brain needs. Avoid white sugar and refined carbs which send your blood sugar level on a roller coaster ride. Your brain needs a steady supply of blood glucose since brain cells don’t store energy. Avoid MSG, aspartame and other artificial sweeteners. These chemical additives are known neurotoxins.
Use a wide variety of herbs and spices to make your meals delicious and brain-healthy. Rosemary and turmeric are particularly good for the brain. Buy wild salmon and grass-fed meat for their brain-boosting omega-3 essential fatty acids.
3. Focus on The Task at Hand. If talking with someone: ask questions; if reading a book or a report: ask yourself how you would summarize what you just read to a friend or to your boss.
4. Practice Listening Carefully to Music. Most of us have tried listening to different types of background music to help us focus while we’re working. But Achintya Prakash recommends listening to music without doing anything else: Listening to music helps in improving your concentration and focus, but only when you really listen. Many people still don’t have the capability to focus only on a single instrument and figure out what’s happening. Try it, it adds a new dimension to the music you listen to and expands your tastes. (When you clear your mind out and let it be filled only with music, it’s also another form of meditation, where you are essentially clearing the “clutter” of your thoughts and focusing on one thing.)
5. Learn to Meditate. Meditation is the most powerful of all concentration enhancement techniques. Learn a few simple meditation techniques and practice them at least five minutes daily.
6. Set Clear Goals. Chasing down specific dreams and making firm goals and deadlines will help to keep you accountable to the tasks at hand. Without working towards something, the motivation to work faster or more efficiently is gone. You need to give yourself a reason to focus and remain dedicated to one concept or idea, or else any other potential distraction that comes along may be enough to break your concentration.https://healthyfoodmaster.com/top-6-ways-to-improve-concentration/General Healthbrain